Monday, February 18, 2013

A new space



While chatting with a new friend one morning last week as we volunteered together in our sons' classroom, we discovered a mutual interest in thrift store shopping. She picked me up on Friday morning and took me out to introduce me to a couple of new ones I hadn't yet discovered. I spotted an old child sized desk for $10 but resisted. For the rest of the day I couldn't stop thinking about how perfect it would be for Brendan. So the next morning I went back to find that all furniture was on sale and got the desk for 5 bucks. Our plan is to sand it down and paint it in the spring but for now it's sitting in the back hallway, under a window that lets in the afternoon sun, perfect for after school quiet time.



One recent story snippet complete with patriotic, war based illustration... "In (the) past two of my brothers died in a war. Now we built a secret weapon that can destroy the bad government. It is called the 'super star destroyer'."

No comments: