Friday, September 2, 2011

New bike, new skill!

Brendan's new bike that we found at the giant brocante (car boot or yard sale) in our village. He loves that it is his favourite colour and he couldn't wait to try it. After me holding on for about two or three minutes, probably less, he was off and pedaling by himself. I guess it's because he's had a balance bike but I really wasn't expecting it to be so easy! I was so proud I actually cried :) Very soft, I know. I think it may be because riding my bike around the street near our first house in Saudi is one of my earliest memories, probably helped by the fact that it was one of the first things my dad recorded on his brand new 1981 video camera. That thing was a HUGE black machine, each of it's three parts was about the size of a microwave. Well, almost.

So we went out on the bike to practice every day this week. One day we went to Steve's work and they rode around on a bit of old taxiway. He still needed a bit of help getting started here.

Check out his face- he loves it!






No comments: